This is an intensive course that...
This is an intensive course that helps candidates get to grips with theoretical & practical skills of properly and safely managing medicines while observing Aseptic Non Touch Technique during IV drug administration and providing good patient care.
0 Item Items
Warning: Last spaces in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 120 loyalty points. Your cart will total 120 loyalty points that can be converted into a voucher of £ 1.20.
INTRAVENOUS (I.V.I) DRUG ADMINISTRATION FOR NURSES.
Upon completion of this course the candidate will be able to explain NMC standards of medicine Management, describe good practice in administration of medicines, carry out a risk assessment, explain drug errors and how to report, describe the 7 rights to medicine administration, explain how to safely store and dispose of medicines, describe how to correctly complete the medicine administration record, demonstrate competence in drug calculations.
1. NMC Standards in Medicine Management
2. Compliance with Trust policy and procedure of Risk Assessment for self-administration.
3. Professional Role in administration of medicine
4. Three key legal principles: (a)Accountability. (b)Duty of care. (c) Negligence.
5. What is a Drug?
6. What is medication?
7. Why do drugs have different names?
8. Routes of drug administration
9. Storage of medications
10. 7 Rights of administration
11. Intravenous drug administration
12. Drug calculations
13. Advantages of Intravenous drug administration route
14. Disadvantages and Complications of Intravenous drug administration route
15. Principles of administration of Intravenous drugs
16. Aseptic Non Touch Technique -Key parts and key sites
17. List of key parts
18. STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR ANTT (ASEPTIC NON TOUCH TECHNIQUE)
19. Factors contributing to drug errors
20. Medicine Administration Record Keeping and Controlled Drugs
21. Safe Disposal of medicines
22. Importance of reporting drug error
23. Possible reasons for not reporting drug error.
24. Proper Documentation & why it is important.
25. THE PRACTICAL SESSION
26. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT
No customer reviews for the moment.